FIS Information Systems add-value to our client’s business by creating software technologies that improve processes for organisations running SAP ERP. FIS have a 30 year history as an SAP partner and are recognised as the leading developer of SAP technology add-on applications. FIS create proprietary applications that run on SAP standards such as Fiori Apps, SAP NetWeaver and SAP GUIs – ensuring that adoption rates are fast for organisations already familiar with SAP.
In summary, FIS are serious about SAP and make businesses run more efficiently with minimal disruption.
Digitised Business Processes: One of the key tasks for every company today is to optimise business processes by minimising manual tasks and increasing automation where appropriate. Those organisations who enhance processes effectively are also able to improve data quality as well as making cost savings. FIS software simplifies tasks by bringing together information and documentation required for decisioning in one location.
People managing the tasks also have a dashboard overview of the current status of tasks and tools to highlight bottlenecks and pressure points.
- Processing times are shorter
- Idle times are identified
- Errors are recognised and corrected
- Processes are recorded and made transparent
FIS develop a comprehensive range of SAP enhancements – deeply integrated add-ons technologies to SAP ERP standard (SAP ECC or SAP S/4HANA). The technologies create additional functionality to optimise business processes in SAP enabling financial savings and providing more effective tools for SAP users. The applications work on the existing SAP ERP infrastructure and require no modifications to SAP standard.
Automated Invoice Data Reader
FIS / fci is a technology that reduces time consuming tasks such as manual data entry and automatically lifts the key content of documents such as invoices, sales orders, vendor statements, customer remittance advice notes – via an email attachment or from a scanned image. FIS / fci incorporates “free-form recognition” technology, multiple-OCR engines, “fuzzy” matching of data and an intelligent knowledge database – to read invoice data automatically from day-one.
Automated Invoice Posting and Workflow
FIS / edc (invoice monitor) is utilised to automate first-time match rates with workflow routing of invoices with approval screens via Web-Dynpro or Fiori apps. FIS/edc works with real-time SAP data with enhanced tools for processing invoices prior to SAP.
Automated Matching of Vendor Statement or Payment Advice Notes
The technology is utilised to automate the comparison of incoming statements (from vendors or customers) with balances on SAP ERP. FIS / edc (statement monitor) reduces the number of documents reviewed by the accounts team – highlighting “exceptions” compared to vendor/customer data on SAP ERP.
Automated Processing of Orders
FIS / edc (sales order monitor) converts an inbound customer order into an SAP sales order with or without a reference (e.g. quotation). The supply chain process such as order confirmation, shipping notification, goods issue and billing documents can be triggered immediately. Customer orders that do not pass the “plausibility checks” successfully are highlighted and post-processed in the monitor.
- Automatic posting of customer orders (OCR or EDI data records)
- Overview of all purchase orders received
- OCR image or EDI data visualisation as PDF form
- Full integration in SAP with all order processing functionalities
- Quick error analysis with intelligent message log
- Direct communication due to integrated email system
- Post-processing option in the split screen display with direct access to scanned and archived customer orders.
Automated Processing of Documents
In the FIS/ edc (document monitor), any kind of scanned and archived documents can be manually and automatically assigned to an SAP object (e.g. vendor, purchase order or invoice). The document monitor can be installed as an additional module to FIS/edc (invoice monitor) or as an individual solution.
- Any kind of documents may be scanned, archived and assigned to SAP object types in electronic form (both manually and automatically)
- Enables multiple assignments to several and/or different SAP objects
- Fully integrated in SAP ERP
- Integration of any kind of email systems for transfer or information is possible
FIS/edc (order confirmation monitor) is tasked with the automatic posting of order confirmations in SAP. Data is imported via the SAP standard IDoc interface If errors occur during the tolerance check within the inbound processing, these documents can be easily selected and post-processed.
- Order confirmations can be imported into the SAP system via EDI or OCR
- Automatic matching with purchase order items according to customising rules
- Visualization of EDI data as a pdf form with automatic archiving
- Easy selection of confirmations outside tolerances
- Clear worklist structure with visual traffic light control
- Efficient correction tools in the split screen display with direct access to archived documents
- Filter for quickly processing tolerance-exceeding confirmation items
- Automatic and manual matching in the post-processing of new purchase order items
- Direct correction options of quantity and value fields; all information concerning purchase order items is displayed
- Email sending to employees or vendors with mail attachment from archive
FIS are one of Europe’s leading developers of mobile apps. As an example, Fiori apps for approvers and reporting apps for FIS / edc (invoice monitor). The apps are ideal for approvers “on the move” and for executive decisioning on invoices.
SAP Master Data Management
FIS / mpm is a simplified SAP centred application utilised by all employees tasked with master data maintenance of materials, price and conditions, vendors, customers, bill of materials with built in duplication checks and defined roles for initiators and master data custodians.
Cross Company Electronic Transactions
FIS / xee provides organisation with a tool for electronic data exchange between SAP, internal systems, and import/export with external suppliers and customers.