The video highlights some of the main manual activities that are replaced with automated technologies in a typical FIS / edc (invoice monitor) system. Accounts Payable Teams will benefit from the elimination or reduced manual tasks – meaning that their time can be assigned to more productive and “value-add” tasks.
Who is it for?
For organisations with SAP ERP (ECC 6 or S/4 HANA) who wish to:
- Relieve the AP Team form mundane tasks such as data entry and bar-code additions to invoices.
- Replace time consuming tasks such as processing invoices via emailed attachments by printing and then keying the invoice content into SAP / ERP.
- Saving time and resources by “early-archiving” the invoice prior to the invoice being processes, rather that capturing the invoice image via a scanning bureau retrospectively of invoice posting.
- Save time by replacing the manual pre-sorting of invoice by company code, PO or PO-exempt, currency type etc with an improved process that classifies the invoices automatically and then reads the invoice content automatically.
- Make savings by reducing invoice processing costs.
- Improve the task quality and workload volume from the AP department.
Key Information: Replacing Manual Tasks
FIS / FCI reads the invoice content from day-one and is aided by a free-form recognition process to extract essential invoice data. Successfully read invoices from suppliers are store in a knowledge base that builds a statistical picture of the data co-ordinates.
Adding bar-codes to invoices is not needed, again saving time and expense for the AP department. For scanned invoices bar-codes are added to re-usable separator sheets.
Invoices send as emailed attachments are automatically read by FIS / FCI – no need for printing and scanning.
Invoice are captures at the beginning of the process and the need for invoices to be sent to a scanning bureau for retrospective capture and indexing is eradicated.
Invoice classification is managed within FIS / FCI – which is able determine the invoice status such as company code, PO or PO-exempt, supplier identification etc.
Contact FIS UK