FIS develop a comprehensive range of SAP enhancement technologies – deeply integrated add-ons to SAP ERP standard. The “SMART” technologies create additional functionality to optimise business processes in SAP enabling financial savings and providing more effective tools for SAP users. FIS SMART technologies use the same data as SAP ERP.
The SMART applications may work in the same SAP ERP server environment but with no modifications to SAP standard. Working in this way, the users work in a familiar SAP GUI but with additional transactions and simplified processes. SMART products may also view the data via other UXs such as Web Dynpro or Fiori mobile apps.
The creation of additional FIS transactions to tune processes as well as being able to seamlessly interweave and switch between the FIS environment and standard SAP functions.
FIS work intensively with our customers to create shorter processing methods within SMART products, however the normal SAP transactions are still available and may form part of the new methodology.
SMART Technologies Short Summary:
A technology that automatically reads the content of documents such as invoices, sales orders, vendor statements, customer remittance advice notes – via email or from a scanned image. FIS/fci incorporates “free-form recognition” technology, multiple-OCR technologies and an intelligent knowledge database – to read invoice data automatically from day-one saving manual data entry effort.
FIS/edc (invoice monitor)
An SAP add-on technology utilised to automate first time match rates and workflow routing of invoices with approval screens via Web Dynpro or Fiori apps. No modifications to SAP standard are required. FIS/edc (invoice monitor) works with live real-time SAP data.
FIS/edc (statement monitor)
Technology utilised to automate the comparison of incoming statements (from vendors or customers) with balances on SAP ERP. The monitor reduces the number of documents reviewed by the accounts team – highlighting “exceptions” compared to SAP ERP data.
FIS/edc (sales order monitor)
Converts an inbound customer order into an SAP sales order with or without a reference (e.g. quotation). The supply chain process such as order confirmation, shipping notification, goods issue and billing documents can be triggered immediately. Customer orders that do not pass the “plausibility checks” successfully are highlighted and post-processed in the monitor.
- Automatic posting of customer orders (OCR or EDI data records)
- Overview of all purchase orders received
- OCR image or EDI data visualisation as PDF form
- Full integration in SAP with all order processing functionalities
- Quick error analysis with intelligent message log
- Direct communication due to integrated email system
- Post-processing option in the split screen display with direct access to scanned and archived customer orders.
FIS/edc (document monitor)
In the document monitor, any kind of scanned and archived documents can be manually and automatically assigned to an SAP object (e.g. vendor, purchase order or invoice). The document monitor can be installed as an additional module to FIS/edc or as an individual solution.
- Any kind of documents may be scanned, archived and assigned to SAP object types in electronic form (both manually and automatically)
- Enables multiple assignments to several and/or different SAP objects
- Fully integrated in SAP ERP
- Integration of any kind of email systems for transfer or information is possible
FIS/edc (order confirmation monitor)
The order confirmation monitor is used for automatic posting of order confirmations in SAP. Data is imported via the SAP standard IDoc interface If errors occur during the tolerance check within the inbound processing, these documents can be easily selected and post-processed.
- Order confirmations can be imported into the SAP system via EDI or OCR
- Automatic matching with purchase order items according to customising rules
- Visualization of EDI data as a pdf form with automatic archiving
- Easy selection of confirmations outside tolerances
- Clear worklist structure with visual traffic light control
- Efficient correction tools in the split screen display with direct access to archived documents
- Filter for quickly processing tolerance-exceeding confirmation items
- Automatic and manual matching in the post-processing of new purchase order items
- Direct correction options of quantity and value fields; all information concerning purchase order items is displayed
- Email sending to employees or vendors with mail attachment from archive
FIS are on of Europeans leading developers of mobile apps. As an example, Fiori apps for approvers and reporting apps for FIS/edc (invoice monitor). The apps are ideal for approvers “on the move” and for executive decisoning on invoices.
Simplified SAP centred application utilised by all employees tasked with master data maintenance of materials, price and conditions, vendors, customers, bill of materials with built in duplication checks and defined roles for initiators and master data custodians.
Unique in-store cash register solution with configurable display and real-time access to SAP data.
Internet shopping solution with Web interface into SAP – versions for businesses, consumers and mobile.
EDI and electronic data exchange between SAP, internal systems, and import/export with external suppliers and customers.